Thursday, May 1, 2014

What Is Your Favorite Book?


 
What is your favorite book? I have been asked this questions more times than I can honestly count and every time I am asked I struggle to answer. It is the one question I dread most. It seems every day my answer will change. So as I thought about this dilemma more I came to a conclusion that I think makes perfect sense.

I have read thousands of books, and I have a perfect memory of all of them. So this gives me over a thousand books to choose from when someone asks me the question I dread most. What I think happens, however, is my mood decides my answer. So for example, if one day I am feeling downright evil and angry, then I might answer with a Stephen King book such as Insomnia or this one book called Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. If I am feeling adventurous that day, then perhaps my answer would more than likely be After Forever Ends by Melodie Ramone or one of my all-time favorites The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by James Thurber. This can go on and on with every type of mood or feeling I could ever think of having, so I will spare you all the details this time. Even so, hopefully you catch what I am trying to say here.


Now do not get me wrong, I certainly have my set few choices of top personal favorites. Most of them are classics like Ivanhoe by Walter Scott, Ethan Frome by MS Edith Wharton, Emma by Jane Austen, and Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy. What can I say; I must be one of those hopeless romantics I love to make fun of. What I cannot help but wonder is this; does this happen to everyone or is it just me? If someone comes up to you and asks you what your favorite book is, do you have to think about it for a few minutes or do you know the answer right off the top of your head? Better yet, do you have more than one favorite book or do you have a terrible time picking from the many you love? I am intrigued now so help me cure my curiosity.    

Links you may enjoy:
http://www.goodreads.com/
    

No comments:

Post a Comment